In 2023, TechVets experienced significant growth and development in its community and training programs. The community welcomed 2,417 new members, averaging 201 monthly, including support for 472 military spouses and partners. The training initiatives saw 1,872 members receiving digital upskilling in various fields, with the most popular being cyber security, IT project management, IT administration, and data specialisms.
Here are the scores on the doors in detail:
This year we had 2,417 new members, at an average of 201 new members every month.
This includes support for 472 military spouses & partners.
Dual registrations refer to those that have registered for TechVets who have also opted in to receive additional 1-2-1 support from advisors in the relevant FEC Programme. This list highlights the number of registrations that TechVets has brought in to the other programmes
- 147 – Ex-Forces programme
- 109 – Veteran Support Programme
- 33 – Military Women Programme
- 13 – Specialist Veteran Advice
- 8 – Forces for London
- 2 – EM3
- 1 – CTP Future Horizons
- Current total number of members in Discord – 4,216
1,872 members of the Forces community have been supported by TechVets with digital upskilling this FY:
- 188 have accessed Splunk data observability engineering training
- 53have accessed Fortinet Network Security Program
- 280 used Cisco Networking Academy with the majority pursuing the globally recognised IT network specialist CCNA certification
- 47 commenced their Pega Low-Code upskilling
- 473 took on Google Career Cert Scholarships in IT Support, IT Project Management, UX Design, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce, Automation, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Cyber Security
- 366 pursued cyber security training through Cybrary
- 16 accessed premium TryHackMe licenses
- 278 joined other members on the Immersive Labs CyberMillion Programme
- 36 began their journey into Secure Development through Safestack training
- 135 people attended either MS 365, MS Azure Cloud, or MS Office Skills training with Netcompany
This resulted in a mean average of 156 people accessing digital and technical training every month this FY.
CV Distribution Service:
- 108 clients using the CREST CV distribution service
154 Clients supported into new roles this year:
- 51% into cyber security
- 19% into tech-enabled careers such as IT Project Management
- 8% into IT Administration & IT Support
- 5% into IT Infrastructure
- 12% into data specialisms
- 3% into Programming careers
The estimated median average salary for TechVets members finding their new IT careers is £55,535.
TechVets has been working with the Skillsoft Platform over the last quarter to offer free access for all veterans, spouses and partners to their premium internal training. The Skillsoft Platform has allowed us to allocate a small number of licenses to our TechVets clients, who can then afford and access an incredible catalogue of IT training.
The pilot has been such a success that TechVets are now able to offer its members up to 50,000 SkillSoft licences for veterans, spouses & partners. Members can access training in Leadership Development, digital transformation, and sales training to AWS cloud and ISC2 courses.
Alteryx & TechVets partner to launch inaugural SparkED Programme for the British Forces community
TechVets has successfully entered yet another fantastic partnership – this time with US-born data analytics specialists Alteryx. Through this partnership, Alteryx will be offering incredible upskilling and employment support for those wishing to move into a data analytics career, specialising on the Alteryx data analytics software. This has incredible potential given the demand for data specialists.
We are already taking registrations for the first cohort which will kick off in October 2023.