More and more tech companies are looking to the veteran community to recruit talent. One of these employers is TechVets partners NAMOS Solutions.
We catch up with Anna Clarke, Chief People Officer at NAMOS Solutions to find out why veterans are in such high demand.
What are the strengths a veteran can bring to the workplace?
- Working well in a team. Teamwork is considered an essential part of daily life and is the foundation on which safe military operations are built.
- Having a sense of duty. Responsibility for job performance and accountability for completing missions are something to take pride in.
- Experiencing self-confidence. Holding a realistic estimation of self and ability based on experiences is expected of each Service Member.
- Being organized and disciplined.
- Possessing a strong work ethic. In the military, the mission always comes first.
- Having the ability to follow through on assignments, even under difficult or stressful circumstances.
- Possessing a variety of cross-functional skills, such as extensive training on computer programs and systems, interacting with various people with different skills to accomplish a task, and coordinating and troubleshooting problems in novel and known conditions.
- Being able to problem solve quickly and creatively.
- Being able to adapt to changing situations.
- Being able to follow rules and schedules.
Hiring a Veteran can result in the hiring of a dedicated employee who has developed valuable teamwork, leadership, and job skills. If your company is thinking about hiring UK veterans get in touch. We'll share your opportunities and even help you set-up a training academy. Email [email protected] for more info