TechVets is delighted to announce its newest strategic partnership with award winning cyber security providers Nomios / Infradata.
In partnership with TechVets, Nomios / Infradata will launch its first veteran and service leavers academy to nurture the tech talent of the future. TechVets members will be able to access a structured training programme overarched by a competitive employment package and the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Cyber Security technology providers across Europe as the company expands and looks to position itself as Europe’s leading cyber security and network provider.
Rich Butcher, UK Managing Directo, Nomios/ Infradata UK&I;
“To be partnering with TechVets on this programme is a privilege and offers Nomios / Infradata significant potential to develop new talent in a market where demand outstrips supply. We have grown significantly in recent years and believe nurturing and developing cyber security technical expertise is the most effective way to sustain our growth path. This, combined with the ability to give service leavers from across the UK the chance to enter this market, retrain, upskill and build a new career in this exciting and evolving industry makes this a fantastic opportunity for everyone.
We recognise the significant value and life experience that service leavers and veterans bring to the workplace and we want to empower them with this first-class ticket into our academy to enter the cyber and tech security industry with full training.
This partnership with TechVets offers significant value to both Nomios / Infradata and the TechVets community and we could not be more excited to welcome our first cohort of applicants in January 2022.”
Over the course of 12 months, successful TechVets applicants will progress through a series of educational modules, covering security, networking and the strategic vendors that Nomios / Infradata supports, including leading tech brands such as Juniper, Fortinet, F5, Adva and Arista. Applicants will be supported to gain industry standard certifications and on graduation from the academy they will be rewarded with a professional certification as a Nomios / Infradata technical professional and can subsequently apply for technical roles with Nomios / Infradata.
James Murphy, TechVets CEO, “We’ve been working towards this partnership and developing the offer for our members for many months. It’s an outstanding package and one which will significantly change the career prospects of those who apply and are successfully selected for the academy”.
Concurrent to gaining industry accreditations will be hands-on exposure to Nomios / Infradata business process. Successful applicants will be employed as Technical Engineers (TE’s) rotating through Nomios / infradata’s technical teams, including Managed Services, Support, Post-Sales implementation and Technical Pre-Sales to ensure they have a 360-degree understanding of the cyber security business.
TechVets members can apply for the Nomios / Infradata 12-month programme from October 2021. Join TechVets to find out more.
What can applicants expect from the 12 month Nomios / Infradata academy?
- Technical troubleshooting, problem solving, tooling and case management skills.
- Work and shadow our Service Delivery team and learn skills around on-boarding new customers, performance management, SLA management and service reporting.
- Work with and shadow our Pre-Sales Consultants on a rotational basis who will encourage and support your knowledge of the sales process including creating and presenting solutions.
- Work with and shadow our Professional Service Consultants on a rotational basis who will mentor and support the individual’s technical growth through project delivery with real world customers.
- Learn and demonstrate Infradata technical skills and competencies
- Proactive study of cyber security technology in the marketplace and knowledge of current threats and known cyber security breaches
- Engage and work with vendors to build in depth knowledge of their product portfolio features, functionality, design, implementation, management and support
Where and when will I work?
- This role is based at our Basingstoke office
- Hours are full-time: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm
- Applicants need to be available to start on Monday 10th January 2022
What can I do to prepare for the role?
- Start working towards Fortinet NSE4
- Brush up skills across Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of networking and cyber security fundamentals
- Knowledge and interest in APIs and/or scripting
- Stay across the latest cyber security technology and attack landscape – such as Malware, EDR (Endpoint Detection & Response), GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), AI/ML, Threat Intelligence etc.
What’s the offer?
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme (with 5% contribution from the company and minimum of 3% personal contribution)
- iPhone and MacBook to be provided for business use
- Graduation Bonus with two-year retention requirement
- Post probation: commission scheme, car allowance, Individual Private Healthcare, Death in Service Benefit (4x basic salary)