Our roving reporting this week is TechVets’ Community Lead Joseph Goodwin. At the end of last month he heading off to the GTech Stadium in Brentford to attend Pathfinder Magazine’s Military Jobs and Insights Fair.
“The purpose of the event was to allow veterans and Service leavers to gain more of an insight into the various career paths that are out there in ‘civvie street’ as we like to call it.
I went along with the team to showcase some of the great opportunities for retraining and upskilling in tech, cyber and IT careers that TechVets has to offer.
We were able to have some very meaningful conversations with members of the forces community and sign post them to some of the career paths available to them through TechVets membership.
There is so much support available for veterans and Service leavers and it was great to see companies like NatWest on site; businesses that are actively looking to recruit ex-forces and who recognise the huge value that Service leavers can bring to the workplace.
The highlight of the event for me was seeing the awesome effort that companies go to, to make sure these events are well staffed and are well managed so that attendees can get the most out of them.
I would highly recommend that veterans, Service leavers and forces family members attend jobs fairs like this as you never know what kind of opportunities will arise. It’s also a great way to build confidence and for ex-forces to know that they are always redeployable!
Pathfinder Magazine is a publication that is geared towards providing information and resources to veterans. The magazine aims to connect veterans with the benefits, resources, and support they need to thrive after leaving the military.
Benefits that Pathfinder Magazine brings to veterans include:
- Information on Benefits: Pathfinder Magazine provides information on the benefits available to veterans, including education, healthcare, housing, and employment benefits.
- Peer Support: The magazine provides a platform for veterans to share their stories and connect with other veterans who have similar experiences. This can help veterans feel less isolated and provide a sense of community.
- Career Resources: Pathfinder Magazine provides resources for veterans who are looking to transition into civilian careers. This includes job listings, career advice, and information on job training and education.
- Mental Health Support: The magazine provides resources and information on mental health and wellness, including tips for managing stress, dealing with trauma, and seeking professional help.
- News and Current Events: Pathfinder Magazine provides news and current events relevant to veterans, including updates on policy changes, new benefits programs, and other developments that impact veterans.