The civilian jobs market is changing rapidly, with employers expecting new executive hires to be more agile, entrepreneurial and results-orientated than ever before. Your military skills provide the perfect antidote to hiring shortfalls, but how do you navigate specific sectors to find your next career opportunity? Our latest Executive Employment Forum takes a detailed look at the Defence, Security & Intelligence sectors.
Headline Sponsor: Abbey Wood
Strategic Supporter: Rolls Royce
Date: Thursday 20 Oct 2022
Time: 10:00 – 17.30
Register now: https://officersassociation.force.com/jobseekers/s/lt-event?id=aFe3z000000HXLQCA4
Join our Executive Employment Forum as we:
– Discover today’s recruitment opportunities within the thriving Defence, Security & Intelligence sectors and how to find your fit
– Hear from employers and recruitment experts, and understand what they expect from new hires including Rolls Royce, Abbey Wood, Jacobs, AWE ….
– Learn how to demonstrate your commercial awareness and unique management style
– Hear from Service leavers who have successfully transitioned, giving you the confidence to move your own career forward, as they share their tips and advice
– Connect directly with employers and fellow job seekers throughout the day and during the Forum networking event
– Succeed and advance with your future career
This is your opportunity to hear first-hand what the sectors and the companies operating within them are looking for and to gain a strong understanding of the changing world of work. You will leave with the practical knowledge and confidence to engage at an executive level within the commercial world, regardless of your military rank or career stage.
You will also hear from our expert Career Consultants about how to craft the perfect ‘elevator pitch’ and have the opportunity to practise it!
The day is designed around you, allowing you to hear from our main stage speakers and also providing you with the opportunity to take a closer look at specific areas of interest in our break-out sessions.
Developing executive-level opportunities within the sector for all ranks from Armed Forces community.
Your 5 Reasons to attend.
- Gain practical, useable advice on finding & securing your next role
- Develop a better understanding of the sectors and what they are looking for from new hires
- Realise the potential of networking and how to do it, including employers
- Be inspired and motivated to take your next step
- And understand where ‘my best fit’ is within the civilian jobs market